Lately we've been asked to photograph quite a few golf tournaments, both for Charity and Corporations. When I received an email to be invited to attend one of ClubCorp's "Golf Tournament 101 Luncheon and Seminar," With a motto of "building relationships and Enriching Lives," I was Excited to attend! It was Held at the Eagles Landing Country Club, one of many local championship golf courses.
Guest speaker Phil Immordino, President of the Golf Tournament Association of America, discussed a wide range of topics, including
• How to make money for your organization
• Promotion and securing competitors
• Setting goals and defining purpose
• Staffing and volunteer recruitment
• Timeline, budgets and operations
• Tournament formats
• Food and beverage coordination
• Games and contests
• Prizes and gifts
• Taking your tournament to the next level
More importantly it was broken down into very simple procedures and concepts that can be applied to any business really.
Phil is very informative and knowledgeable and If given the opportunity i'd do it again!
and oh, almost forgot ......private club catered luncheon, Compliments to the Chef!